Cleanliness is a vital practice for healthy living. Health includes clean and potable drinking water as well as water for other purposes such as washing and cleansing. Water, which is considered to be fundamental to the very existence of human life, has taken a hit because of the callous nature and activities that have taken place in the past few decades. Pollution in the name of development has harmed the water bodies of the planet in unimaginable ways.
This is one of the main reasons for water shortage in many areas. The ability to use this limited natural resource in a wise and efficient manner for various purposes is a talent lost on many. When the water supply is limited, priority is given towards consumption rather than hygiene. The consequences are rather grave and long-lasting. The result is that the next generation also tends to suffer.
When the situation gets really worse, a professional is required. This consultant is an expert on water hygiene. He knows how to salvage the situation and make the best of what is available.
Steps to improve the hygiene in a given environment
- Granting safe access to clean and drinking water
- Providing adequate sanitation
- Imparting education on the importance of hygiene and steps to achieve it
Positive results of water hygiene
- Reduction in the spread of germs
- Reduced death rates due to water-borne diseases
- Improved health of the population
- Fall in the rate of poverty
- Improvement in socio-economic development
- Rise of the standard of living of the people
The hygienic conditions are directly related to the health and welfare of the occupants. Keeping track of the limited resources and making prudent use of whatever is available without causing destruction to the environment. It is an urgent need to be educated about hygiene and its various aspects.